A TJ Consultants is recruiting a Laboratory Manager, to be based in Cabo Delegado
The Laboratory Manager will be responsible to plan and supervise laboratory and site testing operations (Soil and Rock Mechanics test) project contracts, schedule and logistics, and in order to meet budgets within costs. Manage contracts for enquiries of laboratory Geotechnical testing and maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Ensure quality and do the laboratory tests for:
SOIL: Sieve analysis, Fineness Modulus, Proctor test (MDD & OMC), Liquid limit, Plastic limit, Plasticity Index, CBR, Field Density Test(Sand replacement method), Core cutting method; - SAND: Sieve analysis, Proctor test , Compaction test by sand replacement method, Clay, silt & Dust content; - AGGREGATE: Sieve analysis, Elongation index, Flakiness index, Sp. Gravity, Abrasion Value, Water absorption; - CONCRETE: Slump test, Concrete sampling, Compressive strength, Extracting cores from concrete Structure, Rapid chloride permeability Test, Initial surface absorption Test, Water Permeability Test, Water absorption Test; - PCC SOLID BLOCK: Density, Compressive strength, Water absorption; - CEMENT: Consistency, Setting time(Initial & Final), Compressive strength, Soundness, Fineness.
- Ensure all test requirements, method statements, etc. are adequately defined, documented and understood, including the Quality System for monitoring compliance to international and local government quality standards;
- Oversee calibration of equipment and measuring instruments, and ensure records are maintained properly;
- Ensure testing services meet customer requirements in terms of technical standards, accurate data interpretation and timeliness;
- Ensure the laboratory has the technical and people resources needed to meet the needs of clients and to ensure the quality of tests, and allocate responsibilities for testing, supervision and reporting;
- Maintain the proficiency of the laboratory team through assessing the competence of laboratory staff, and coaching / training them when needed;
- Prepare invoices and related financial documentation for billing clients;
- Maintain positive professional relationships with contractors and vendors, and supervise quality of services provided and bill payment;
- Maintain the laboratory’s inventory of consumable items in conjunction with Senior Technicians and the Laboratory Manager.
Requisites / Experience Required:
- Minimum 8-10 years of working in a Geotechnical Laboratory, including at least 3 years of supervisory our Manager laboratory team experience;
- Should have independently tested a variety of soils, rocks, aggregates, concrete and other building materials and befamiliar with the usual tests, viz;
- Work experience proven in: SOIL,SAND, AGGREGATE, CONCRETE, PCC SOLID BLOCK, CEMENT – Eliminator Factory;
- Degree in Chemistry or preferably in Civil/Chemical/Geotechnical Engineering or related subjects which provide a technical base for understanding testing procedures and the results;
- Fluent in English (written and verbal).
Link Home Page
Monday, 25 May 2020 12:26
Since 85 percent of very low backpain is undiagnosable and difficult to prescribeReport Comment Link
treatment that is suitable for the optimal/optimally guideline
is always to start by wanting to relieve the ache using the most
easy, cheapest non-invasive and effective methods possible.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.